Friday, February 26, 2010

Overcoming Fear

We all have fears. Fear is paralyzing. Royals cannot afford to be paralyzed. How on earth would we be able to flaunt all that fabulous couture if we were too afraid to put it on for fear that it might rip? OK, I'm just joking...no one really has a fear of wearing couture. That's just silly. Funny enough, in two days I am jumping out of a plane and I have no fear of that...but maybe that has something to do with the cute SEAL that will be strapped to my back. I do, however, carry a strong fear of sharing my blog with the world. Putting yourself out there is terrifying. It opens you up to criticism. Am I really ready for that? I had a long talk and learned a very valuable lesson from a friend last night. Fear will only hold you back and keep the best part of you away from everyone. Fear will keep your successes at bay and your vulnerability in your face. Fear is death. So, here I am world. The good, the bad and the ugly...the misspelled words and improper grammar...the funny, witty girl who still has (gasp) insecurities. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you. You have nothing to fear, you are strong, intelligent, beautiful and in the best position to be giving advice in my opinion. I took your advice several times and I'm thankful I did. You are the Queen, and well deserving of that title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous post! I promise to take it to heart and learn from it. If you'd told me a SEAL was going to be strapped to your back I would have booked a flight all the way back to join you. Have a wonderful flight, my brave girl! Please share your post-fall wisdom with us. CJ

    ReplyDelete

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...