Friday, February 26, 2010

Je Suis Snob

A friend of mine, not long ago, got her feelings hurt because she was called (gasp) a snob. It got me thinking...is being a snob such a bad thing? A snob denotes someone with taste...someone who does not accept the everyday...someone with high standards and high expectations. In life, we are expected to think that the word snob is an insult. I happen to think of it as a compliment. I'd much rather be known for my high standards than for being (gasp) common. I happen to be a snob of many things...wine, clothing, underpinnings, food, scotch...this, in my opinion makes me a well-rounded and fascinating person. Who wants to be around an individual with bad taste?

(Disclosure statement- I am not condoning becoming one who belittles or excludes non-snobs...I am only encouraging you to embrace good taste and discernment. )

For a bit of light-humored fun...take the following snob tests

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/love/snobtest.jsp

http://puzzles.about.com/library/quiz/blsnobte.htm

2 comments:

  1. Good news! I'm only "sorta snobby", and I'm good with that. CJ

    ReplyDelete

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...