Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Book Review: The Female Brain

I am an avid reader. Rarely do I have as many “ah ha!” moments as I had in reading this amazing book. To be completely honest, I saw the movie first (link below) not even knowing about the book. I think Whitney Cummings is elegant and hilarious and just genius in this role. She embodies quite a few of the hang-ups we have as women and bring them to light in an almost painful to watch manner. Anyway, back to the book. I was sitting next to my husband reading this and basically wound up reading it aloud to him because there were just so many gems of enlightenment in regards to why we are the way we are. For instance, we are programmed so intricately that we are incapable of being horny when stressed (that fact alone paid for the price of the book), “mommy brain” is a real thing triggered by a physical and chemical reaction to pregnancy and lingers well after that baby is born, and that in utero, surges of testosterone in fetuses destined to be male kill off a portion of the communication section of the brain and boosts the part controlling aggression and sex. Long story short, men and women should both have their noses deep in this book. Educate yourself my darlings.






1 comment:

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...