Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Haunting

It's always a curious thing to be haunted. Right now I am currently haunted by a few things...bikini season, Heidi Klum's impossible body, the massive bowl of pasta I just polished off, my bedroom mirror...I think you get the picture. I have recently gone back to running: a task which I am now realizing, is not as easy for me as it was last summer. I was up to five miles last year in well under an hour. Now, I can barely finish two. This is not good for many reasons. First, it's depressing, and second, well...I suppose depression is enough of a reason. This is the issue: I was too lazy during the winter, or shall I say too busy putting on that winter layer, to get off my ever expanding rear and get outside. Treadmill work is very boring for me so I avoided it like the plague. Then I thought to myself, sex burn calories, right? Well then, I'll just have a ton of it! The problem with that is no one told me that the comparison of sex to running was massively different when it comes to calorie burning...I found that out when the scale kept going the wrong way...but at least my husband was happy. So my dear ladies, I graciously learned this lesson for you. If you don't use it, you lose it. None of us are getting younger. Get out there, make some movement, do something! Remember, men get more distinguished as they age...we just get old.

Also keep in mind the two most feared words in the English language...pool party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...