Friday, February 10, 2012

Those who can, do, those who are passionate, teach.

cobrabrigade.com

I've been asked multiple times now to go back to my cooking classes. When I owned Girl With a Knife Private Catering, I also taught out of my home. I did theme nights, taught knife skills, how to flip food in the pan, the intricacies of phyllo, you name it. It was a fun way to stregnthen friendships, meet new people and treat my husband to some pretty amazing leftovers. 

My point to this story is that my passion helped ignite a new passion in others. If there is something you have a talent for, or are passionate about, why not teach it to someone? I have a friend A, who does magic with Photoshop, and another friend, S who could tell you everything there is to know about fitness. Maybe you have a flair for decorating, maybe it's a penchant for gardening. I know I could really use someone to teach me how to improve my currently brown thumb. We all have passions and it's a huge shame to keep them bottled up and to ourselves. Make sure you are finding ways to share yours. 

P.S. I will be going back to my cooking classes in March. Stay tuned for dates, times and pricing. Feel free to message me if you have questions, comments or ideas for the next class. 


Happy teaching my darlings. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...