Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Steven


Living in his shadow is actually quite warm.
Tucked in close beside him, right underneath his arm.
I could live forever, quite happy and content,
Living with the title of "my husband's ornament".
Shadows mean for some, a life of solitude and cold.
His shadow means to me a life of warmth as I grow old.
I'll never leave his shadow, Not willingly you see.
Because living in his shadow...well...it means the world to me.
-Angela Ianni, 2008

Writing has always seemed a more expressive means of communicating for me. I get to write, re-write and edit my thoughts until the words express exactly what I am feeling in that moment. On the eve of my husband's birthday, I felt it necessary to break this old poem out and publicly announce, through my writing,  that I am very grateful for his existence in the world and to let him know that he has forever changed mine.

I love you Steven.

Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes. You two are such an amazing couple......I can only hope one day to have such a loving relationship as yours. Oh, and Happy Birthday Steve!!

    ReplyDelete

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...