Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Candle Opera

Sexy. Elegant. Luminous. Mysterious.
No, I am not describing a woman, however, it is interesting to me that the same words used to describe a candle can also be used to describe a woman. Think about it. They both illuminate. They both bring light into a place where there would have been none otherwise; be that light in a room, a mood, a life or elsewhere...but alas, I digress. 
I love candles. There is something very elegant, sophisticated and warm about gatherings of lit candles placed around the house. They take an otherwise imperfect atmosphere and elevate it to a level beyond natural means...not to mention what candle light does for a woman's skin...and body. The warm glow from a candle softens all of our flaws and imperfections and makes us a more perfect version of ourselves. If I could live by candle light my entire life, I gladly would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...