Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We The Pizza

Once upon a time (a couple of weeks ago), in a land far, far away (New York City's Little Italy), yours truly had her first sidewalk vendor pizza experience. It was heavenly, to say the least. Gooey, cheesy, perfect crust, just enough sauce...I'm a purist so I ordered the cheese. Good God! So this is what real pizza is supposed to taste like! (I grew up on atrocities such as Pizza Hut and Dominoes.) I think I remember my eyes rolling back into my head as I devoured it like a starving wildebeest. I had grease dripping down my chin and arms in the center of the street and I didn't care about it in the least. I was so focused on getting that slice in my mouth that the world quickly dissolved around me and it was just me and my pie. I was in foodie heaven.
For those of you who are thinking skeptically about the description of my experience, make no mistake, I am not exaggerating. New York pizza is everything they say it is and then some.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, thanks Ang...it's 9:41 in the morning and I really want some pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...