Friday, July 23, 2010

Center of the Universe

I recently had my very first trip to New York City. At the age of 30, not having been to New York before is certainly a shame. I have been in major, heart-braking, butterflies in the stomach, sick in the head, love with New York since...well, since I can remember. I have always had an obsession for movies and t.v. shows set in New York. Annie is the first one I can remember. Who doesn't love a good rags to riches story? Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rent, Eyes Wide Shut, Find Me Guilty, Melinda and Melinda...all great New York movies. The city is as much a character as the actors are. It's...for lack of a better word, amazing. The architecture, the food, the fashion, the people. Everything is different in New York. It's like they turned up the volume on life there. The energy alone sets your skin on fire and you are energized to the inth degree. The first time I saw the skyline of New York I felt my eyes well up. Thank God I was wearing sunglasses because I am sure that Steve would have thought I was crazy. We've covered this before, remember? I'm a crier. What better reason than my first view of the Manhattan skyline to get me misty eyed. While I was there, I ate, I shopped, I ran through Central Park, I hailed my first cab, I love every dirty, gritty, grimy second of it.
I've been jonesin bad to get back there.

2 comments:

  1. When we going???? I've been wanting to go back again....it's been WAY too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Steve and the Kids can stay with us any time you like. It will be nice to hang out I will show you guys the city like no one knows it

    ReplyDelete

What is a weekend? (A rambling ode to stay-at-home mothers)

I dedicate this post to stay-at-home moms/ Downton fans everywhere. How can we ever forget the iconic and highly quotable moment the Dow...